Today we meet up with Christian Svensson, a Category Manager from KitchenTime, and we talk a bit about the key factors involved when you want a high conversion rate through recommendations. In 2020, KitchenTime ran a crowdscore campaign for their range Satake that proved very successful.
This success was built on four key factors:
- A clear strategy and tactics to increase the level of customer-generated content for the Satake brand.
- Engage the people who weren’t chosen as test pilots, and give them the opportunity to buy the product at a reduced price, and encourage them to share their experience through word of mouth and partner pages.
- Drive relevant traffic to specific landing pages at Kitchen Time.
- SEO-friendly test site that builds credibility and drives long-term conversions.
Christian explains a bit further:
- With thousands of products, the experience of other customers becomes very important when it comes to purchasing decisions. If our customers see hundreds of comments on a product, this comes with clear quality and satisfaction stamp. For us e-tailers, it is very important that the customer makes a quick purchase decision that they feel content with - and that’s when other customers’ experiences are extremely important.
Christian also mentions that they have experienced more engaged and in-depth comments than those they normally receive from their customers, which means that they can further have control over what their customers like or dislike about a product.
“For us e-tailers, it is very important that the customer makes a quick purchase decision that they feel content with - and that’s when other customers’ experiences are extremely important.”
The result of the campaign
A select group of test pilots were given the opportunity to try frying pans from Satake. It was a fantastic crowdscore campaign that led to a solid “100% recommends” stamp of approval.
- The campaign with Smartson provided us with a great foundation that normally takes months to build. With sales and reviews at an early stage in the launch, we accelerated the process of becoming top sellers in the respective ranges.
After the campaign, a further 3 550 households were sent a campaign code where they could buy a frying pan from the Satake range at a reduced price. By sharing the successful crowdscore with more people and giving them the opportunity to buy a frying pan with a high recommendation, the purchase journey became easier.
KitchenTime Group AB is one of the Nordic region’s leading e-commerce actors in kitchens & homes. Through our brands (KitchenTime, Kitchen Favorites and Confident Living), we offer our customers a range of 35,000 products.
Do you want to find out more about a similar partnership of Rating & Review programs? Contact us at email@example.com.